Friday, June 24, 2011

Great Blog for Great Recipes

Good Evening All!

As you may have noticed, I tend to post about sewing projects rather than recipes like my other fellow Mamas. I seem to always struggle when it comes to coming up with ideas for dinner. I recently discovered a fantastic blog full of fantastic recipes! Believe it or not, I stumbled upon the blog from a craft blog, - you may remember me mentioning my slight obsession with Jess' Craftiness is Not Optional blog - she and a friend have a recipe blog: C & J's Good Grub.

I've tried two recipes so far from their site: The Sweet and Sour Chicken and the Cowboy Quesadillas. Both recipes turned out deliciously!

The Sweet & Sour Chicken, was pretty easy as stated in the recipe. The only thing was that it was a bit messy dipping the chicken into the cornstarch and egg. But it wasn't that big of a deal. I took her suggestion to add pineapple at the end, because I had it on hand, and Cupcake is a fan of pineapple. I liked the addition, but I think it would have been totally fine without the pineapple. My husband thoroughly enjoyed it even saying it tasted almost as good as chinese take out!

The Cowboy Quesidillas were just as successful! They were super easy. I used the pre-cooked fajita chicken strips which made the process that much easier! I just threw everything together, mixed it up and put it in the tortillas. My husband enjoyed this one as well and so did little Cupcake. I was a little weary because I'm not the biggest fan of barbeque sauce, but it worked out fine. The taste wasn't too overwhelming and mixed well with everything else. It has a great mixture of tasty foods like corn, beans, and tomatoes that Cupcake sometimes doesn't eat on their own but gobbled up inside the cowboy quesidillas - yee haw!!

I can't wait to try out more recipes from their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment