I'm all about the Italian food...especially lasagna! That said, I've never been too skilled when it came to cooking the lasagna noodles and keeping them in tact!
So I loved it when I found this great recipe (pampered chef) for Inside Out Lasagna. Same ingredients practically, just easier. And just like all the recipes I seem to fall in love with, it's modification friendly in case you don't have something in your pantry :)
1 12 oz. box of your favorite pasta (tonight I had on hand whole wheat shells)
1/2 medium onion chopped
1lb of lean ground beef
1 26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, in juice
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
32 oz Ricotta Cheese (I only had a 15 oz. tub on hand and it still came out terrific)
1 TBS dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven 350
- Cook Pasta according to box
- Chop onion and put it and ground beef in skillet to brown over medium heat (8-10min)
- Press garlic into beef mix
- Stir in pasta sauce and tomatoes, remove from heat
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cheeses, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Assemble lasagna. Cooked pasta, meat mixture, then spoon ricotta mix over sauce. Spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered, 1 hour or until ricotta mix is set and lightly browned.
Yields 15 servings (ha! yeah right if you're a mini-person)