Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sewing Machine Cover

Good Evening! Jennifer here to share my latest project.


I was sick for the past 5 days which was not fun at all! I finally started feeling better today and was able to get back to sewing. I have been saying for a long time I needed to make a sewing cover for my machine. Mine came with one, but it is big, bulky, and let's face it, not cute. I found a few tutorials on Pinterest (have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest?!?). I ended up mostly using the tutorial from Naptime Journal while also checking out a similar tutorial from Stay-at-Home Artist. I used my favorite fabric along with another I really like both from Hobby Lobby. I had both in my supply so it was a super easy and fairly quick project. I say fairly quick, because I sewed the ribbon in wrong. Using my trusty seam ripper, I figured that out and fixed it. There were a few things I decided to do differently from the tutorials, I added quilt batting that I had on hand and top stitched it once I was done.


I absolutely love how it turned out!! It is so cute and was easy to make and will hopefully extend the life of my beloved machine by keeping dust away from it.

I liked the strap that Naptime Journal's version had that keeps the cover in place, rather than ties on both sides.
It's like a pretty present to open each time I go to sew - am I a dork or what??


1 comment: