Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feeling Groovy Dress

I am SO in love with the newest dress I made for Cupcake! I just named it the Feeling Groovy Dress :-)


I stumbled upon Shanna's blog Celebrate the Madness and got super excited when I read she was doing a Dress a Day in May series! I instantly added her blog to my Google Reader and happily awaited her daily dress tutorials. One of the tutorials was the 10 Minute Twofer! It reminded me of the Ice Cream Social dress I created and blogged about earlier. After examining the tutorial in depth, I realized it basically was the Ice Cream Social dress without the sleeves. Since I already knew how to make it I was set to go!

I used fabric I found at JoAnn Fabrics that my fellow Mama, Hillary encouraged me to get - thanks Hillary! It isn't something I would normally pick out but I am SO glad I did. Shanna suggested embellishing the dress with a different fabric band on the bottom, so I went for it. This part made the project a little more difficult, but I love how it turned out and I like trying out new things and learning so it worked! I instantly knew I also wanted to embellish it with one of Jess' Fabric Flowers because, like I posted before I am obsessed!

I finished the dress last night and was so thrilled that the weather cooperated with me - after having so many rainy, cold days we finally have had a stretch of sunny warm days! Perfect for Cupcake to show off my latest creation!! Hope you like it as much as I do.
Perfect day to play in the grass, sporting the Feeling Groovy Dress
Beautiful little girl in a beautiful little dress. Yes I know the Mickey Crocs don't exactly match - she insisted on them. All I cared about was that she was wearing the dress, so I didn't mind!
How cool is she?!? She has all she needs: grapes, sunglasses, & her blankie

6 comments:

  1. I love this dress too, the fabric is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer! This is adorable! You did a fantastic job! Your little cupcake looks sooo sweet in it!! I too love the flower!! And the sunglasses! I am going to share this on my facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to try this one out. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sara! That means a lot coming from the Craft Snob herself!! I can't wait to see if you do try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete