Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Black Bird Tunic

Good Evening, it is Jennifer here to share a cute little top I recently made for Cupcake! The tutorial came from Shwin & Shwin. There blog has so, so many tutorials for the cutest kids clothes (and other fun things, but mostly I drool over the cute kids clothes!). Every time they create a new post, I love seeing what they come up with.

A lot of their stuff seemed a little intimidating being so cute and somewhat complicated. Recently, they have been sharing a Sewing 101 series going through basic techniques that they use on a lot of their tutorials. Reading over a few of those posts and admiring all of their tutorials, I decided to go for it! I thought a top would be cute considering I hadn't made many tops before. I checked out the Black Bird Tunic and decided I had the perfect fabric for it!

Showing off her Black Bird Tunic
 I did the top a little differently, using bias tape instead of piping (still haven't tried piping yet!) and didn't line the circle collar (after doing it, I wish I would have!). I also added two buttons, instead of one big one, only because I didn't have a big enough one to look cute. The directions for the top were very straightforward and easy to follow! I loved the way the top turned out and so did Cupcake. Her favorite part was the pocket. When I put on the shirt to see how it looked, then told her we could take it off, she told me she wanted to keep it on. She then, excitedly said "pocket," as she put small trinkets in her new pocket.

 "Pocket!!"



Close-up of the two buttons


1 comment: